Pitcairn Island / Total Eclipse of the Sun – July 2, 2019
“Back in 1789, British sailors in the Pacific mutinied on the HMS Bounty and settled on Tahiti and Pitcairn Island. While the mutineers on Tahiti were later arrested by the British, those on Pitcairn were able to start a community with Tahitian companions. In 1838, the Pitcairn Islands officially became a British territory.
Today there are 48 people living on the tiny island, all said to be descendants of the Bounty mutineers.”
Amanda Macias in Business Insider November 21, 2013
June 22 – July 10, 2019 –Departs and ends in Papeete, Tahiti French Polynesia
FOR A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY to visit three of the most isolated islands on the planet; secluded Oeno Island which lies in 2019’s Total Solar Eclipse “Path To Totality” (July 2, 2019), legendary Pitcairn Island, home to the HMAV Bounty Mutineers, and Henderson Island – UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Tour Inclusions: Weather and Sea conditions allowing
- Transfers, welcome and 4-nights accommodation in a Garden Studio at the Manava Suites in Papeete, Tahiti. This includes breakfast daily. (3-nights pre-tour and 1-night post-tour)
- Visit to the James Norman Hall (author of “Mutiny on the Bounty” Museum and half-day Tahiti tour
- Air Tahiti round-trip flights Papeete to Mangareva to board the MV Bravo Supporter
- Twin Share cabin aboard the MV Bravo Supporter (Magareva / Pitcairn Island return with all meals provided on board)
- 4-Days on Pitcairn Island, home o the descendants for HMAV Bounty mutineers, all transfers, meals and land based accommodation
- 2-Pitcairn Island tours, an apiary visit to sample the world’s purest honey, guided walks, and a visit to the Pitcairn Island Museum
- Star Gazing from Taro Ground
- A Pitcairn Island Community Dinner and Inaugural Celebration of Pitcairn’s International Dark Sky Sanctuary Status (An IDA International Dark Sky Reserve is a public or private land possessing an exceptional or distinguished quality of starry nights and nocturnal environment that is specifically protected for its scientific, natural, educational, cultural, heritage and/or public enjoyment. Reserves consist of a core area meeting minimum criteria for sky quality and natural darkness, and a peripheral area that supports dark sky preservation in the core.) Pitcairn Island has its application in now and anticipates is confirmation.
- A landed visit to World Heritage Site – Henderson Island
- A landed visit to Oeno Island for the Total Solar Eclipse on July 2, 2019
- Local Pitcairn Island guide, guidance on board, and on board pre-eclipse briefings and lectures
Pricing: Book by January 31, 2019 – New Zealand Dollars NZ$16,250 per person / Deposit of 10% (NZ$1,650) is non-refundable and due at time of booking.
February 1, 2019 and after: NZ$17,850 per person / Deposit of 10% (NZ$1,785.00) is non-refundable and due at time of booking
- Pricing does not included international airfare to and from Papeete, Tahiti.
- Prices are based on a minimum of 6-passengers
- Surcharges apply to room upgrade in Tahiti and some home stay accommodation on Pitcairn.
- Terms and Conditions will be supplied with further information on cancellations, minimum travelers, cancellation and more.
There are still a few cabins left for you to experience the most remote islands in the world and 2019’s Total Eclipse of the Sun!
Give a call now or send me an e-mail