Air Tahiti Nui, the national carrier for the islands of Tahiti, is my FAVE airline to the islands. Here are 5 reasons why!
1.) All of their aircraft are now BRAND NEW Boeing 787 Dream Liners. There are many benefits to flying in a Dream Liner over older and other aircraft.
- The main benefit is that the air inside the aircraft has a higher pressurization and has higher humidity to reduce passenger headaches, dry eye, and fatigue.
2.) Faster transfer through LAX than other airlines.
- If you are transiting in Los Angeles to your Air Tahiti Nui flight, then use an American, Virgin America, Air Canada, or Alaska Air flight to get to Los Angeles.
- Have all of your flights with American, Alaska, Virgin America, or Air Canada and Air Tahiti Nui in one reservation, they cannot be two reservations, then you can use the tunnel that allows you to stay within security boundaries.
- The secure tunnel runs from Terminal 6 through terminals 5 and 4 to the Tom Bradley International Terminal and by passes having to process through security in LAX.
- It takes about 5 to 8 minutes walk between each terminal.
- You must also check your luggage all the way through to Papeete, Tahiti.
- If you have to pick up luggage in Los Angeles, or you do not have all your flights in one reservation, then you cannot use the tunnel to the International Terminal.
3.) Air Tahiti Nui now has three A-La-Carte services that you can add onto your trip. All are done on-line.
- Lounge Pass: if you are flying Economy or Premium Economy on Air Tahiti Nui, you can now add on a Business Class Lounge visit before your flight for just $60 per person per Business Class Lounge. These passes are limited so it is best to purchase soon after your ticket purchase.
- Priority Pass: You can save time and enjoy a speedier airport process with Air Tahiti Nui’s Priority Check-In and Boarding Pass for also $60 per person per direction.
- Delicacies and Champagne: Celebrate with a gourmet tasting experience during your flight with sweets and Champagne for $70.
4.) Air Tahiti Nui flies to the islands six times a week during the slower seasons and seven times a week during high season.
- Air Tahiti Nui also flies to Paris from Los Angeles.
5.) Air Tahiti Nui allows you to stopover in Tahiti for a few days before or after your journey to Auckland, New Zealand, Japan, or Australia.
If you have always wanted to visit Tahiti, now you can do it on one of the most modern planes in the air…The Boeing 787 Dream Liner!